In order to get stronger muscles, it is not enough just to go to the gym seven days a week: your exercise routine must be complemented with a balanced diet that includes foods that help strengthen muscles. In addition to protein, there are many other foods that will help you show off a more muscular body.
Here we want to help you take care of your body, that’s why we give you this list of the best foods that help strengthen muscles.
Proteins of animal origin
In order to have strong muscles, it is advisable to eat foods rich in protein daily; Most of them are of animal origin and you can find them in meat, fish or dairy products.
The recommended amount of protein intake each day is 0.8 grams per kilo of body weight; these dishes should be accompanied by complex carbohydrates, vegetables and fruits. Next, we are going to detail the most suitable proteins that help strengthen muscles:
- Red meat: they are a high source of protein with vitamin B12 and zinc. It refers to those meats that come from veal, cow, ox, and so on. It is advisable to eat those pieces that have a low fat content to enjoy a healthy diet.
- The fish rich in Omega 3: amino acids these fish are needed to produce muscle and tissue repair. They are fish like tuna, salmon or sardines.
- Eggs: they are a perfect ally to strengthen muscles due to their high protein and energy intake.
Team up with cereals
One of the foods that help build muscle is whole grains. They are complex carbohydrates that give us the necessary energy and provide us with an important source of fiber.
- Brown rice is a perfect ally to help you strengthen muscles since it is a cereal rich in GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid); this component increases growth hormone levels by 400%.
- Quinoa: it is a cereal that is also made up of high protein content. In quinoa we find a perfect mix between carbohydrates and proteins to give us the necessary energy our muscles need to get stronger.
Fruits and vegetables
Vegetables and fruits are essential to help strengthen muscles due to their high content of vitamins and fiber. Among them, the foods that help strengthen muscles are the following:
- Spinach: consuming this vegetable can help us increase our body’s capacity for muscle growth by 20%. The reason is that spinach is rich in a compound known as beta-ecdysterone.
- Apples: in the skin of apples there is a substance known as frolic acid that promotes muscle growth and helps our body burn more calories.
If you want to start a diet to increase muscles, it is recommended that you do it with the help of a specialist who will give you the necessary guidelines according to your personal needs.
In order to see how your muscles gain muscle mass, you must accompany your diet with a series of exercises determined by a professional in the fitness sector. Here you can also read this article in which we show you how to gain strength and muscle mass.
This article is merely informative, here we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.