Eating right, eating healthy and having a fit body are often believed to be synonymous with strict dieting and food sacrifices. The truth is that it is possible to lead a healthy lifestyle, eat properly, and maintain a correct weight without counting grams and calories.
Many diets, if they have a medical control, can be very useful to lose weight, but they should always be at specific times. You cannot and cannot live on a permanent diet, just as you cannot live by always eating what you want most. we are going to explain how to eat healthy without dieting.
Knowing how to eat healthy: when should I eat
Errors in eating are not only limited to eating foods that we should not. There is no bad food if we eat it when it touches and in the amount it touches, and this is often the problem; whether in a rush, too tight schedules or simply laziness, many people have bad schedules when it comes to eating:
- Breakfast is essential; in fact it is the most important meal of the day. At breakfast you will charge the batteries to be able to have energy throughout the day. Plus, a heavy breakfast boosts your metabolism to help you lose weight throughout the day.
- You must divide your meals into 5, keeping your body active throughout the day and metabolism accelerated. They should not spend more than 4 hours without you taking some type of food.
- If you are hungry and want to snack between meals,you can opt for healthy and very satisfying products such as dried fruits or dehydrated fruit.
- It is proven that those who eat before 3 pm lose much more weight than those who eat after 3 pm.
- When you go to sleep you should have already digested the food for dinner, otherwise, as you will have hardly any caloric expenditure, your body will absorb the food as fat. To avoid this, you should have dinner 2 hours before going to sleep.
What to eat to eat well
Dieting is temporary, a sacrifice for a certain time in order to achieve a specific goal. Right now your goal should be to eat well, something that has nothing to do with diets, but with maintaining a healthy lifestyle that becomes your routine. The elements that we choose at mealtime are essential to give our body all the elements it needs to function and not overload it with harmful products. Here we explain what you should eat and how often to do it if you want to learn to eat well:
- You must increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables. These must be one of the bases of your diet. Always opt for seasonal products, which apart from being richer ensure that it will contain fewer additives. To know the amounts you should eat, make sure you eat at least 5 pieces of fruit or vegetables every day.
- At least twice a week you should consume legumes, of course, never exceeding the amount of 1 cup. The best time to eat them is at lunch, with the whole day ahead to burn your energy and avoid nighttime indigestion.
- Lower the salt levels on your menu. You can do it progressively, over time you will realize that you do not need salt to liven up your dishes.
- 2 times a week fish or shellfish should be present on your plate. Among the fish it is recommended that you consume those rich in omega 3, such as salmon, sardines or tuna.
- Just when you wake up, drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, there is no better way to speed up your metabolism and cleanse your body of toxins.
Learning to eat well: how to cook
Apart from the fact that there are products that are healthier than others, an element that greatly influences the quality of our food is the way in which we cook it. An onion can be a perfect food, but if we coat it and fry it with oil, it becomes a bomb of saturated fat:
- When you cook, opt for steamed, baked or grilled
- Use non-stick pans to minimize oil consumption.
- When making broths or soups, let them rest in the fridge for a few hours before eating them. In this way, the fat will solidify and you can remove it before eating.
Ideal diet example
Now that we have given you some of the general keys to eating well without dieting, we will give you some specific examples of what your daily menu could be like. You should know that this is not a strict rule and that you can change it for dishes and products according to your taste:
- 1 piece of fruit, preferably seasonal.
- 1 dairy, for example, a skimmed yogurt.
- 1 cup of whole grains with any milk that is not dairy, rice or oatmeal is two good options. You can also take cereals in the form of slices of whole wheat bread and add a little honey to them.
- If after breakfast you are going to practice sports, you can add nuts and fresh cheese to your breakfast to provide more energy.
- In the following article we explain in an extensive way how to have a healthy breakfast.
- 1 raw salad of escarole, lettuce or arugula with olive oil and vinegar. You can add tuna, salmon, nuts or fruit to make it a delicious and very nutritious dish.
- 1 breast of turkey, chicken or some lean meat and 1 slice of whole wheat bread. You can also use fish, whatever it is, cook it on the grill, in the oven or steamed.
- For dinner we do not need to change what we have done for breakfast, we can do something similar but with less quantities.
- Another option is to include at dinner what we have not put at lunch, for example, if we have made chicken for noon, make fish for the night.
- Soups and broths are excellent dinner options, filling and easily digestible.
- Avoid sauces, mushrooms, legumes, fried foods, alcohol and other products that can cause heavy digestion
- Here we explain how to make healthy dinners.
Other tips for eating well
- You should drink not only throughout the day, but during your meals. For noon you can have a glass of wine but for the rest only water. It is not recommended to take juices or soft drinks, as they contain a large amount of sugars and empty calories.
- Try to sleep between 7 and 9 hours a day. If you find it difficult to fall asleep, you can choose one of these infusions to sleep.
- Practice exercise daily, half an hour of walking at a good pace and is a good activity.
- Minimize refined sugar, as well as sugary and precooked products.
- Avoid coffee; it is preferable to take other infusions such as chamomile, penny royal or green tea.
- Stay away from tobacco, alcohol and any kind of drugs.
This article is merely informative, here we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.