Eating fiber in your diet is essential to enjoy a balanced diet and a healthy life since fiber is a good agent to reduce the risk of contracting different diseases, especially cardiovascular ones; in fact, nutritionists recommend that you should eat about 25 grams of fiber daily.
We already know about foods rich in fiber; however, in this article we give you some tricks so that you know how to eat more fiber without realizing it.
Steps to follow:
one. Breakfasts with fiber. A good way to eat more fiber each day is to add a piece of fresh fruit to your breakfast; For example, with your sandwich or your toasts, have an apple or a banana that will provide you with different amounts of fiber.
Another option for breakfast is to substitute white carbohydrates for others with fiber: in this way, change the sandwich of normal bread for a whole grain or cereal plan, have a bowl of whole grains instead of a normal one.
2. Join the green food. Vegetables and vegetables are a great source of fiber; therefore, if you want to increase the consumption of fiber in your diet, it is important that you include a piece of vegetables in your meals.
.3. Season your dishes with seeds or nuts. These foods contain a high content of fiber, so they are ideal to incorporate into your diet. For example, you can make a salad and add some walnuts or you can have a yogurt with a handful of almonds. In this way, you will eat more fiber in each plate and you will not even notice.
4. Fill your food. Another trick that will show you how to eat more fiber each day is to fill your food with high fiber ingredients; For example, you can make a chicken stuffed with nuts and you will increase the fiber content, you can also make aborigines stuffed with meat, zucchini stuffed with meat or stuffed mushrooms and you will expand the flavor of these vegetables.
5. Do not remove the skin from the fruit. Fruit skins contain a high level of fiber, so if you want to eat more fiber, one of the tricks is not to peel the fruit. For example, an apple with skin is made up of 4 grams of fiber, but if we remove the skin, its fiber content is reduced to 2.7 grams.
6. But why do we have to eat more fiber in our day to day? Very simple: fiber contains great benefits for our body:
- Increases the feeling of fullness helping us lose weight without starving
- Maintains normal blood glucose levels
- Prevents and reduces the appearance of constipation as well as the appearance of hemorrhoids
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels in the blood.