Do you feel that lately you are not very hungry? Does the thought of eating make you feel nauseous? Are you feeling listless or too full? If you have felt any of these effects on yourself, it is probably that the lack of appetite is manifesting in your body, that is, you do not feel like consuming any type of food. Although this disorder is generally temporary and temporary, there are certain natural remedies that can help you combat and treat it. In the following article we bring you the best vitamins to whet your appetite. Take note of the following foods that have multiple properties that will help you get back to eating as before. Do they work!
What is a lack of appetite
When you do not feel like eating any type of food, you are facing a clear symptom of a lack of appetite. This is an eating disorder that is usually transitory and circumstantial and that, generally, does not imply that the affected person suffers from a disease or a severe disorder.
In general, the appetite usually reappears naturally, without having to carry out a strict treatment, since generally its lack can be a mental or nervous cause. In the event that the lack of appetite is prolonged in time, then, this symptom can be a clear indication that something is not working normally. If this is the case, it is important to go to the doctor to analyze the situation and get to the root of the problem to find an adequate solution.
Causes of poor appetite
Here are the most common causes that can trigger poor appetite:
- Empacho is the main one. We speak of indigestion when you have eaten excessively or food has been poorly combined. The body is saturated and, therefore, does not feel like consuming anything else. This symptom is normal when the digestive system needs a moment of rest. In the following article you can see How to cure indigestion with home remedies.
- A poisoning can also cause lack of appetite. If bad food has been consumed or the body has been intoxicated with excess alcohol, lack of appetite can be a symptom of this. In this case, it is clearly a spontaneous manifestation that will disappear when the body has detoxified.
- The first three months of pregnancy can also cause loss of appetite. This reaction is usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting or dizziness and is the result of fatigue. Loss of appetite is common when hormones are disrupted and recovers when hormones return to normal levels.
- Some drugs, as well as stimulant drinks such as coffee, can suppress the appetite during the hours that their effects last.
- Also, the consumption of medications, such as antibiotics or chemotherapy drugs, can cause loss of appetite. Once the treatment is stopped, the appetite reappears.
- The infectious diseases or those affecting the digestive tract usually cause loss of appetite. In these cases, loss of appetite can last as long as illness or other symptoms of fatigue.
- The serious or chronic illnesses can bring food appetite. Generally, this symptom is usually accompanied by fatigue and general malaise.
Do not hesitate to see your doctor, whatever your symptoms, if the lack of appetite is prolonged. Fatigue, discomfort, or a simple nervous state can all contribute to loss of appetite taking over. Do not hesitate to consult a professional to follow the most recommended guidelines for your case.
Vitamins to whet your appetite
One of the most important vitamins to whet the appetite is vitamin B12, which is responsible for metabolizing proteins and fats in our body. In many cases, the deficiency of this vitamin in our body can cause loss of appetite. But its deficiency can not only be symptomatic in a lack of appetite, but also in weight loss, fatigue, constipation or a state of weakness.
Vitamin B12 must be ingested daily. However, many adults find it difficult to absorb it, so it is important to replenish its deficit with supplements or fortified foods. In the following article you can see all the benefits of vitamin B12.
Also, to whet your appetite you should increase your zinc intake. This mineral is important since it helps strengthen the immune system and also stimulates the production of testosterone. It was found to have the zinc levels low can favor poor appetite.
Zinc can be taken in supplements or through foods, such as zinc, chicken, cashews, pumpkin seeds, wheat bran, beef leg, or pork chops.
On the other hand, it is important to restore the levels of hydrochloride acid in the body if you want to increase your appetite. This acid helps both to break down food once it has reached the stomach, and to help the body absorb the essential nutrients for its stability. If you have low HCI levels, you should restore it with protein drinks or lime juices first thing in the morning or just after exercising.
In the case of children
And if we talk about children, pediatricians recommend using vitamins when the little one suffers a vitamin deficiency caused by a digestive disease, such as intestinal malabsorption or problems in the digestive system. In that case, vitamin K will be administered if we are talking about a newborn to prevent hemorrhagic disease. Vitamin D supplements may also be prescribed during the child’s first year of life to prevent diseases such as rickets.