When something is of little interest to us, we say that “we don’t give a damn “, but we must know that the root of this plant is a very nutritious food. In general, they are usually eaten raw as part of salads, although they can also be taken in other ways. This red vegetable contains beneficial properties for health and the human body, so do not hesitate to incorporate it into your diet. In this article, we detail what are the benefits of radish.
Steps to follow:
1. Due to its high water content, radishes have a low caloric intake, about 16 calories per 100 grams, which is why it is part of many weight loss diets. You can add radish to dishes that you eat during your diet, for example, in vegetable soups or salads. They will enhance its flavor without adding a gram of calories.
2. Another benefit of radish is that it supposes a great contribution of vitamin C and a consequent antioxidant action that is beneficial for the formation of teeth, bones, and an increase in red blood cells.
3. Likewise, it also stands out for its high fiber content, very favorable for the digestive system, intestinal transit and also to feel full. Therefore, eating radish will reduce constipation and you will be able to continue with your diet because you will hardly feel hungry.
4. As for minerals, it is worth highlighting the contribution of potassium, ideal for the central nervous system and the iodine that regulates and allows a correct functioning of the thyroid gland allowing a healthy growth of the metabolism.
5. Radish is also known for its diuretic properties, that is, it encourages our body to purify itself through urine, thus helping to eliminate stones and grit from the kidneys and gallbladder and to purify our body by preventing the appearance of cellulite.