Vitamin C is one of the best known nutrients. Popularly associated with the prevention of colds, it is a vitamin that offers important contributions to our health, as well as being an essential nutrient for the metabolization of other vitamins and for many of our bodily processes. But if you’re not sure why it is so important to incorporate it into your daily diet, we explain in detail what the benefits of vitamin C.
Steps to follow:
1. One of the reasons why vitamin C is so important to our body is because it participates in various essential processes for the body. One of the most important is healing; the adequate consumption of vitamin C favors the healing of the skin due to the linkage of this nutrient with the production of collagen.
2. Due to its high content of antioxidants, vitamin C is one of the most important allies in fighting premature aging and preventing cancer, since antioxidants help fight the formation of free radicals. For this reason it is one of the most suitable vitamins for the skin and the general health of our body.
3. Why are vitamin C and the flu so closely associated? Well, because some studies have shown that this nutrient is capable of improving the functioning of our immune system, increasing defenses and helping us to fight effectively against viruses.
4. A diet that is poor in vitamin C can cause various health problems, one of the most obvious is scurvy, a disease that causes gum problems such as gingivitis, anemia and general weakness and that is cured by incorporating adequate doses of vitamin C to the diet daily.
5. Furthermore, this nutrient in turn allows the absorption of other vitamins in our body, which makes it essential.
It is important to note that excess vitamin C can also cause various health problems, so we must maintain the appropriate dose of about 75 mg in women and 90 mg in men.
Before consuming any vitamin C supplement, it is advisable to consult your doctor. To effectively add it to your diet, discover which foods are rich in vitamin C, add them to your meals and gain health.